söndag 26 mars 2017

6 down & 2 to go

6 weeks ago I had squeezed the final items I had on my detailed packing-list (that I started in November) into a big backpack and was more then ready to head of to Tanzania.

Overwhelmed by the new impressions, strange distractions and the adaptation to having no personal space what so ever, the first period at Kolandoto made me so exhausted that my bedtime became the minute after I finally shut down my computer.

But it is supersizing how quickly you adapt to a complete change of lifestyle, find solutions to problems you have never came across before and how fast you establish new routines while the oddest things become ordinary.

It might not always seem like it but times really flies here and even though it does not always feel like it, effort does pay off. I have, since day one, struggled a bit with the feeling of always being just a small step behind, putting down fires as we go. This without really having the impression of a clear advancement of the project. For me, this changed today



WORKSHOP DISCUSSING THE FLOWS OF THE RECONSTRUCTION
When summarizing the work of the previous days I realized that there might actually be a good solution to the puzzle of the maternity ward that seemed completely impossible to solve a few weeks ago. And on the way back from a successful workshops for the new private ward we passed the site of the new emergency department and saw that they had now started the construction work.
DAY ONE AT THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT 



















With two weeks left, it now feels like we are back on track and in a good phase. The hospital will most likely have an emergency department before the fall starts and feasible solutions for a future development of the hospital by this summer.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar